1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? Wool, wool/silk blends, alpaca, alpaca blends, most natural fibers or blends. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Fun Fur (or anything like it with a different name), ribbon yarn, most novelty yarns, anything really "plasticy" feeling (like Lion Homespun) or anything that splits a lot.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? My Knit Picks options have a zippered case, but my crochet hooks are scattered near & far. Also have no real case for any of my straight needles. Currently in an old tackle box that my sister gave me about 20 years ago with makeup in it!
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? About 20 years, self-taught. Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? Hmm... advanced in some areas (general knitting knowledge, cables n' such), intermediate in other areas (socks, lace) and beginner in others (intarsia - really suck at stranding, want to get good at it!!).
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? **UPDATED** I added Wishpot to my sidebar. Now I can add things from any place online I find things I like. :)
5. What's your favorite scent? For perfume, its Poison. For other things I like LIGHT florals, pine, fruity scents, spices (like cinnamon, etc.). Heavy perfumey smells and heavy florals make me gag. One of my favorite buttons says "Nice Perfume. Must you marinate in it?"
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Heh... yeah, I do. Guilty as charged. Favorite candy? Dark chocolate anything, red Twizzlers, gummy worms, Ferrer Rocher... hmm.. why hasn't anyone invented dark chocolate covered gummy worms??
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Spinning, sewing, crochet, cross stitch. Do you spin? Yes, with a drop spindle. Have a wheel, but need to get parts to fix it up and learn.
8. What kind of music do you like? Christian Rock (Casting Crowns, Newsboys), Rock (Billy Joel, U2, George Thoroughgood), Charlie Daniels. Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Yes.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Black, pinks, purples, blues, greens, cranberry Any colors you just can't stand? Home Depot Orange!! Not fond of brown unless paired with a pastel. Heck, even orange works in a sunset blend, just don't like it alone. Not big on neons unless toned down with other colors.
10. What is your family situation? Married to Bob. Eight kids (7 at home). Patrick (17), Justin (14.5), Melissa (13), Sarah (11.5), Molly (8.5), Michael (3) & Abigail (4 months - born 1/20/08). Christopher (19.5) is the one not at home. Do you have any pets? 2 Siberian Huskies - Amaruk (male) & Tikaani (female)
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Yes to all, but I prefer gloves or fingerless gloves to mittens.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Fingerless gloves, socks (just getting into them), felted bags, baby items (for the instant gratification, not necessarily to keep), shawls (just getting into them), hmm... just about anything!! I knit, therefore I am.
13. What are you knitting right now? Luna Moth Shawl, crocheted star afghan, felted baby booties for a swap, mini purse for a swap, 12 x 12 blocks for a swap (need to do 24 by 7/31), socks for me, side-to-side shawl for a friend, many other wips hiding around my room.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Absolutely!!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? For circular I like my KP Options. Would love some harmony tips! Need some long, small size circulars to do magic loop sock knitting (KP Options only go down to size 4). For straights I prefer bamboo or hardwood. Don't have a lot of those, basically some 8's, 10's & 10.5's.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes to both.
17. How old is your oldest UFO? Wow.... I'm pretty sure I recently spotted a sweater I started for my ex-mil (or do I refer to her a mil since she died before the divorce? Never sure on that one) lurking in one of my many craft totes in the basement. She died in 1996........
18. What is your favorite holiday? Easter for what it means to me (salvation), Christmas for both spiritual and gifty reasons :).
19. Is there anything that you collect? Key chains, especially unusual & state ones. Buttons with fun sayings (I speak sarcasm fluently). Yarn. Kids.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? Oh my!! Loaded question...I'll update this before June 15. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Only subscription I have is Interweave Knits.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I'd like to master intarsia so I can do some awesome sweaters, bags, etc.
22. Are you a sock knitter? I am as of recently. What are your foot measurements? Hmm... I'll update this later after I find my tape measure, but I wear a size 8 women's US shoe.
23. When is your birthday? March 1 (1972).
24. Are you on Ravelry? You mean there are knitter's who aren't?? *gasp* Those poor dears... If so, what's your ID? madcraftermom
Blogged with the Flock Browser