1. Do you knit, crochet, or do both? Both For how long? For about 20 years each. I prefer the look of knitting most of the time, but love the speed of crochet. Oh, and I love granny squares. :)
2. What other crafts do you do, if any? Spinning, cross-stitch, sewing, will try almost any craft
3. What are your favorite colors? Love purples, pinks, blues, most greens. Colors you loathe? Not particularly fond of orange, bright yellows, neon shades.
4. Favorite yarn brands? Patons, Knit Picks, Debbie Bliss, most others Fiber types? Love wool, especially soft. Alpaca, blends with silk. Even like soft acrylics for wash n wear kids stuff. Yarn you can't stand? Eyelash yarn, most other novelty yarns, anything stiff or weird feeling.
5. What is your favorite type of item to knit/crochet? Baby items for the instant gratification, socks, dishcloths, cool sweaters (like the Simple Knitted Bodice)
6. What kind of needles do you like? (i.e. circular, straight, metal, bamboo, etc.) Prefer my Knit Picks options (circular). For straights I like Bamboo, only have 2 or 3 pair (7, 8, 10). DPNs in bamboo.
7. Any knitting tools you lack but crave? Always wanted one of those pendant cutters, always love new stitch markers (not the plastic rings), just about anything!
8. Patterns you've been dying to get but haven't yet? YES! Milinda, Heirloom Lace Jacket, Almost any of the dishcloth patterns from DigKnitty Designs
9. Do you drink coffee, tea, cocoa? All of the above Flavors you love/hate? I prefer fruity herbal teas. Hate french vanilla coffee and white chocolate (its not chocolate!!) cocoa.
10. Favorite sweets & snacks? Sweets: Almost anything dark chocolate!! Twizzlers, too. For savory snacks I love Cheez-its (not the knock-offs!! LOL!), Wheat Thins (really!), macademia nuts and almonds. Mmm... beer nuts!
11. Any pets, kids, spouses? 4 sons, 4 daughters (newest is Abigail, born 1/20/2008) and 2 Siberian Huskies Spouses that act like pets or kids? (j/k) One wonderful husband, Bob
12. Favorite things to knit/crochet for the above, if applicable? Love to knit/crochet baby things, socks & gloves.
13. What kinds of books do you like to read? I like both fiction & non-fiction Favorite authors or genres? Authors: Terry Goodkind, Terry Brooks, Robert Jordan, Joyce Meyers, Max Lucado. Genres: Sci-fi/Fantasy, Christian
14. Do you collect anything? (besides yarn! LOL!) Key chains, especially unusual ones & touristy ones (like state ones). And apparently children.... LOL!
15. What, if any, are your non-craft related hobbies? I love Scrabble, pencil puzzle/word games, Sims2, Christian music (Casting Crowns especially), cooking/baking, motorcycles, guns, reading.
16. Scents you adore? Spicy or fruity scents, light florals, mint Scents that make you gag? Anything too heavy & perfumey
17. What is your idea of a relaxing time? Kicking back with my kntting in front of Stargate (SG-1 or Atlantis). Playing Scrabulous on Facebook. Baking fresh bread (I grind my own wheat, nice and fresh).
18. Oh yeah, are you on Ravelry and if so, care to share your Ravelry ID? Yep. :) My Ravelry ID is madcraftermom.
So, there you have it. If my pal has other questions, feel free to leave them as comments. :)
Blogged with Flock